Vickys Apple Chutney, GF DF EF SF NF. Great recipe for Vickys White Grape & Apple Chutney, GF DF EF SF NF. If you liked the caramelised onion chutney I made last year then you'll love this too! Vickys Apple Chutney, GF DF EF SF NF [email protected] Free-From Cookbook Scotland.
Here is how you cook it. Ingredients of Vickys Apple Spiced Morning Porridge, GF DF EF SF NF. Great recipe for Vickys Red Pepper and Chilli Chutney, GF DF EF SF NF. You can cook Vickys Apple Chutney, GF DF EF SF NF using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Apple Chutney, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 500 g (1 pound) of peeled, cored and chopped cooking apples.
- It’s 250 g of (1 & 1/4 cups) light brown sugar.
- It’s 160 g (1 cup) of raisins.
- It’s 1 of small onion, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of scant teaspoon mustard seeds – around 2/3 of a level tsp.
- It’s 1 of scant teaspoon ground ginger – as above.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of low sodium salt.
- It’s 240 ml (1 cup) of apple cider vinegar.
You can of course use however many and whatever type of chilli peppers you like or leave them out completely. Whatever you decide you'll end up with a delicious chutney that just begs to be paired with chicken, fish or pork,. Vickys Bircher Muesli with Variations GF DF EF SF NF. Vickys Surf 'N' Turf, GF DF EF SF NF.
Vickys Apple Chutney, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Put all the ingredients into a heavy based pan and stir together then bring to the boil.
- Turn down to a simmer and let cook uncovered until thickened, around 20 minutes.
- Once the chutney is thick and pulpy in consistency take the pan off the heat and let cool.
- While the chutney is cooling, sterilize your jars. You'll need 3 x 300ml jars. Wash the jars and lids well in hot, soapy water then let air dry.
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350F and set the jars on a baking tray open end up inside.
- Bake the jars for 10 minutes and while they're in the oven, boil their lids in a pan of water for the same length of time.
- Spoon the cooled chutney into the jars, seal and label. It's ready to eat now if you want but I let mine sit for 3 months before opening. Unopened and kept in a dark cupboard it will be absolutely fine for up to 2 years so double the recipe if you want to.
- This chutney is fantastic with ham and cheese and makes an excellent homemade Christmas gift. It will keep well for 3 weeks after opening as long as it's kept in the fridge.
I bought some diced wild venison from our local Farmers market recently. We provide you only the best Vickys Marshmallow Top Hats, GF DF EF SF NF recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try. Before you jump to Vickys Marshmallow Top Hats, GF DF EF SF NF recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option. Vickys Boozy Mincemeat Christmas Scones GF DF EF SF NF Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to our recipe site.