Vickys Roasted Butternut Squash & Parsnip Soup GF DF EF SF NF. Vickys Chilli & Butternut Squash Soup, GF DF EF SF NF Instructions. Squeeze the garlic out of its skin and also add to the pan Butternut squash is a winter squash that is perfecting for roasting because it enhances its natural sweetness. The Latest Video from Easy Good Ideas!
Place the squash on a sheet pan and drizzle with the olive oil, salt, and pepper and toss well. Arrange the squash in one layer and. For a simple roasted butternut squash you don't need much. You can cook Vickys Roasted Butternut Squash & Parsnip Soup GF DF EF SF NF using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Roasted Butternut Squash & Parsnip Soup GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s 1350 ml of good vegetable stock.
- You need 2 of butternut squash, cubed – bulbous parts reserved.
- Prepare 3 of parsnips, cubed.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, unpeeled.
- It’s of olive oil.
- You need of salt & pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mixed herbs – thyme, oregano, basil.
- It’s 1 of chopped onion.
Toss it in some olive oil with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes for a little kick. You can always spice it up however you like it. The season for roasting butternut squash has arrived. Before opening your oven, you may want to rethink your method for roasting this great fall vegetable.
Vickys Roasted Butternut Squash & Parsnip Soup GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Place the squash, parsnip and garlic onto a baking tray, drizzle in olive oil, season with the salt and herbs and roast at gas 6 /180C/ 375°F for 20 minutes.
- Fry off the onion until translucent then when the veggies have finished roasting, place into the soup pan. Squeeze the garlic out of its skin and also add to the pan.
- Add the stock and season with pepper and simmer gently for 20 minutes to infuse the flavours.
- Liquidise in a blender and season again if needed.
- You can add some diced pear to the soup as it's simmering for more flavour, or some curry powder to spice it up.
- Serve with a warm roll or crusty bread. If you feel creative, hollow out the bulbous part of the squash and use it as the serving bowl! Don't waste the seeds – dry them off and roast them in the oven. They make a delicious snack.
- To do so, sprinkle inside the hollowed out squash bowls with a pinch of sugar and salt then roast on the tray you did the veggies on for 30 – 35 minutes.
- If you want to do the seeds too, add them to the tray after 15 minutes. Sprinkle them with salt and toss them in the oil and herb residue.
- Ladle the soup straight in and sprinkle some of the roasted seeds on top for garnish. The bowls are edible. Don't be afraid to eat the skin. It's so tender after roasting.
Maybe you start by removing the skin. There are many approaches, and many add extra time and work. Luckily, the best way to roast butternut squash might be the simplest. This easy roasted butternut squash and root vegetables recipe is incredibly versatile. Pile the squash and veggies onto grain bowls, add to sandwiches, toss in soup, serve as a side dish–you name it.