Red Velvet Cupcakes – Vegan. Description Gloriously light and fluffy vegan red velvet cupcakes with red velvet frosting. Perfectly spongey and moist, vibrantly red, and fabulously vegan. This one-bowl vegan Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting recipe makes cakes that are so moist, fluffy and delicious that nobody would ever guess that they're vegan.
These vegan red velvet cupcakes are ultra tender with a tangy cream cheese frosting. You might not even know they're vegan! Why These Cupcakes Are So Good These vegan red velvet cupcakes are oh-so-moist, with just the perfect amount of cocoa, a strong depth of flavor, and simply the perfect texture. You can have Red Velvet Cupcakes – Vegan using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Red Velvet Cupcakes – Vegan
- You need 1 Cup of Milk Non Dairy (Coconut milk).
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Vinegar.
- You need 1.25 Cups of All purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Sugar Powdered.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Cocoa.
- Prepare 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking powder.
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking soda.
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 1/3 Teaspoon of Oil.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of Red food colour.
- You need 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla extract.
These vegan red velvet cupcakes are soft and tender, with delicious vanilla notes and a subtle cocoa flavor. Frost them with a traditional ermine frosting or a cream cheese frosting for the perfect sweet treat! It's red, and it's made of velvet! Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl.
Red Velvet Cupcakes – Vegan step by step
- Preheat oven to 180 degree. Line cupcake pans with paper liners..
- Mix milk and vinegar and allow it to curdle..
- Sift flour,cocoa,sugar,baking powder,baking soda and salt..
- Once milk curdles add food colour and vanilla extract. Mix the dry and wet ingredients till there are no lumps. DONT beat or overmix it..
- Spoon cupcake batter into paper liners until 3/4 full..
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean..
- Once cupcakes are completely cooled, frost with your favorite frosting recipe.I used cream cheese frosting as it goes well with the Red Velvets :-).
We lived in Phoenix, Arizona for about a year when the twins were little, and while I didn't care for the heat or the scorpions, the vegan scene in Phoenix was pretty great! Whisk together the soy milk and vinegar and set aside to curdle. Sift the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl and mix. Add the oil, food coloring, chocolate extract, Vanilla extract and almond extract to the curdled soy milk. This red velvet vegan cupcake recipe can also be used to make vegan red velvet cake.