Pineapple Rightside-Up Cupcakes (Vegan). Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger and allspice. Combine pineapple, oil, sugar and vanilla in blender and puree. Remove your cupcakes from the oven and gently press half of a pineapple slice onto each cupcake, as well as a maraschino cherry.
Watch me on Chef AJ's show: Healthier Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes that taste amazing. Made with hearty, healthy ingredients like oats, coconut & pineapple and NO oil or flour so they are vegan, gluten-free & oil-free. There is absolutely no way anyone would ever know though. You can have Pineapple Rightside-Up Cupcakes (Vegan) using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pineapple Rightside-Up Cupcakes (Vegan)
- Prepare 1 box of Duncan Hines Yellow Cake Mix.
- Prepare 1 can of Pineapple Slices.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of Applesauce.
- Prepare 1 can of Maraschino Cherries.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sugar; brown is preferred, granulated white sugar is okay too..
Perfect eaten as they are but even better served warm with a big dollop of ice-cream! Vegan Pineapple Right Side Up Cupcake. Recipe from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World. Pineapple spice cupcake with a pineapple topping. and a cherry on top!
Pineapple Rightside-Up Cupcakes (Vegan) step by step
- Preheat oven to 350° and prepare your cupcake pan by either lining it with cupcake liners or by spraying it lightly with nonstick cooking spray..
- Empty cake mix into a mixing bowl. Open pineapple and pour the juice into the cake mix, leaving the pineapple slices in the can. Stir in applesauce and mix well. DO NOT FOLLOW THE RECIPE ON THE CAKE BOX!.
- Pour the mixture into your cupcake pan and bake for 10 minutes. They will not be done, so don't fret! While they are baking, cut your pineapple slices in halves..
- Remove your cupcakes from the oven and gently press half of a pineapple slice onto each cupcake, as well as a maraschino cherry. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon (or a pinch) of sugar on top of each cupcake, and return to the oven for another 10 minutes, or until edges are golden brown..
Visit my site at Little Bird Bakery. With potato masher at the ready to transform my fresh pineapple into crushed, I tackled the Pineapple Right Side Up Cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take over the World. They were super easy to make (even for me). And, as a bonus, the accompanying recipe is for a topping rather than a buttercream, which I usually eschew. Cupcakes are always a good alternative.