Vickys Easter Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies, GF DF EF SF NF. Great recipe for Vickys Easter Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies, GF DF EF SF NF. Easter always poses problems for people with allergies to things like dairy and soya, every holiday does really. I hate for my kids to miss out on any treats.
Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies – Mostly Homemade Mom. Carrot cake cookies (from a cake mix) with sweet cream cheese frosting and rolled in toasted coconut! These carrot cake sandwich cookies are the perfect spring treat made with fresh shredded carrots, cinnamon, & nutmeg. You can cook Vickys Easter Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies, GF DF EF SF NF using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Easter Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 360 grams of (2 & 1/2 cups) plain or gluten-free flour.
- It’s 90 grams (1 cup) of quick oats.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda / bicarb.
- You need 3/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of xanthan gum if using gluten-free flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 225 grams (1 cup) of butter, softened.
- You need 200 grams (1 cup) of granulated sugar.
- It’s 240 grams (1 cup) of packed light brown sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 130 grams of (2 & 1/2 cup) finely grated carrot, around 2 medium sized carrots.
- Prepare 130 grams (1 cup) of chopped pecans (optional).
Here is how you achieve that. Easter always poses problems for people with allergies to things like dairy and soya, every holiday does really. I hate for my kids to miss out on any treats. I made these for the twins to take to their school nursery.
Vickys Easter Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Whisk together the flour, quick oats, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt and xanthan gum if using https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/338049-vickys-gluten-free-flour-mix-4-cakes-cookies.
- In another bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Add the flour gradually until it's all cut in.
- Mix in the carrots and pecans then cover the bowl and chill the dough in the fridge for at least 60 minutes, 90 is really best to stop them spreading out so much.
- Preheat oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Spoon a heaped tablespoon of dough per cookie onto the baking sheets, spacing the cookies at least 2 inches apart. You'll need to do this in batches so leave the unused dough in the fridge until needed.
- Bake for 15 – 18 minutes then let cool on the tray until you can peel them off the parchment paper.
- Once cooled, sandwich two cookies together with a buttercream or cream cheese filling. My basic buttercream recipe is 150g butter (I use Vitalite sunflower spread or gold foil Stork brand margarine) to 350g icing / powdered sugar and a dash each of vanilla extract and milk to thin to spreading consistency.
- Makes 48 cookies or 24 sandwich cookies. Store in an airtight container.
- Here are a few of my other sandwich cookie recipes https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/360643-vickys-tiramisu-sandwich-cookies https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/350939-vickys-valentine-chocolate-shortbread-hearts-gf-df-ef-sf-nf https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/361136-vickys-nutter-butter-cookies-gf-df-ef-sf-nf https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/360763-vickys-oreo-cookies-gf-df-ef-sf-nf https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/363081-vickys-maple-pecan-autumn-leaf-sandwich-cookies-gf-df-ef-sf https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/336167-vickys-easter-bonnet-cookies.
I hate for my kids to miss out on any treats. I made these for the twins to take to their school nursery Easter. See more ideas about dairy free eggs, dairy free, food. Shrimp and Scallions Beans N Rice 🍤. Jerk Chicken, Rice & Beans & Fried Plantain.