Vickys Secret Surprise Cupcakes, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free. Stand cheesecake heart in batter in each cup, lining up top curved edges of heart with notches. To reveal hearts, cut frosted cupcakes in half across notches. Vickys Secret Ingredient Chocolate Chip Pancakes, GF DF EF SF NF.
CREAM together the butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs, beating well between each addition. Add the flour, milk and food colouring and stir until combined. You can cook Vickys Secret Surprise Cupcakes, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Secret Surprise Cupcakes, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free
- Prepare of Surprise cake.
- It’s 75 grams of dairy-free spread/butter.
- You need 75 grams of caster sugar.
- You need 70 grams of plain flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cornflour/starch.
- You need 15 ml of rice milk or alternative.
- Prepare 1 tsp of flavouring such as vanilla or strawberry extract.
- You need 1 of food colouring, any colour, as needed.
- You need 2 of eggs or replacer such as 1 medium sized ripe mashed banana, or 1 tbsp ground flax seed mixed with 3 tbsp water and set aside until gloopy.
- Prepare of Cupcake mixture.
- You need 150 grams of dairy-free spread/butter.
- You need 150 grams of caster sugar.
- It’s 150 grams of plain flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 30 ml of rice milk or alternative.
- You need 1 tsp of flavouring extract.
- You need 3 of eggs, or replacer as above.
Creamed Butter: Make sure you use the correct room temperature butter. Egg Whites (no yolks): Egg whites lift up the crumb instead of weighing it down. Sour Cream: Sour cream leaves all the moisture. Cake Flour: Cake flour, instead of all-purpose flour, promises an extra soft.
Vickys Secret Surprise Cupcakes, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free instructions
- First bake the 'surprise' sponge. Pre-heat the oven to gas 3 / 165C / 325°F and grease and flour a 20cm square tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar together then add the cornflour, flour and baking powder. Mix then add in the milk, flavouring and colouring as required before folding in the egg replacer.
- Pour into the greased tin, level and bake for 20 minutes or until just done. Let cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to fully cool. Put the sponge in the fridge to firm up for around an hour.
- Start the cupcake batter. Same method applies as for the surprise sponge.
- Line a cupcake tray with 12 cases. Mark each case with a pen to indicate the front centre. This is so when you cut the cakes in half you get a perfect cut through the surprise.
- Remove the surprise sponge from the fridge and carefully using a 3x5cm cookie cutter, cut out your chosen shape 12 times. Butterflies, stars and hearts are really good..
- Put 2 tbsp of batter in the bottom of each cupcake case then lining up your surprise shapes to the marks, place them in the middle of the batter. Spoon the remaining batter in gently to cover the shapes making sure you get into all spaces around them.
- Bake at same temp for 25 minutes or until done then cool.
- Top with a swirl of your favourite buttercream icing and let who eats one spot the surprise!.
Move immediately to wire racks and cool completely. Frost with buttercream frosting and decorate with mini cocktail umbrellas. But bite into it and experience the creamy vanilla surprise! People have been wondering how we get the fillings inside our cupcakes, and we're finally sharing our sweet secret. Our incredible team scoops out the middles of the cupcakes, and pipes in the fillings into each cupcake by hand (that's a LOT of scooping and piping!).