Vickys Kids Cowboy Pie, Gluten, Dairy, Egg, Soy & Nut-Free. Great recipe for Vickys Homemade 'Box' Cake Mix, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free. This is a handy mix to keep in your cupboard. Great recipe for Vickys Individual Apple & Custard Pies, GF DF EF SF NF.
See great recipes for The Most Amazing Mince Pies Ever from Auntie Marion too! Great recipe for Vickys Alternative Milk Instructions for Jello Instant Pudding, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free, VEGAN. Another recipe that may seem obvious to some but I may help some others at the same time. You can have Vickys Kids Cowboy Pie, Gluten, Dairy, Egg, Soy & Nut-Free using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Kids Cowboy Pie, Gluten, Dairy, Egg, Soy & Nut-Free
- It’s 4 of gluten-free sausages of choice – vegan, pork, beef, chicken…..
- It’s 6 of large white potatos.
- Prepare 400 grams of can of baked beans (check brand for no added milk ingredients) or see my recipe for making your own within my Tomato-Free Tomato Sauce recipe.
- You need of safe milk as required, I use rice milk or light coconut milk.
- Prepare of dairy-free spread / butter as required, I use Vitalite Sunflower Spread.
- It’s to taste of salt & pepper.
I love finding 'accidental' vegan foods! See more ideas about allergy friendly recipes, recipes, dairy free. This recipe is dairy free, wheat free, gluten free, egg free, peanut free, nut free, and soy free. Which is a pretty mean feat!
Vickys Kids Cowboy Pie, Gluten, Dairy, Egg, Soy & Nut-Free step by step
- Boil the peeled and quartered potatos until soft, meanwhile bake the sausages in the oven at gas mark 5 / 190C / 375F, turning after 12 minutes..
- The potatos should be done after 20 mins. Drain and add enough butter and milk to make a creamy mash. Season gently.
- Check the sausages after 25 mins total, they should be done..
- Heat the beans in a pan, then layer in the bottom of a casserole dish. Cut the sausages into chunks and layer over the beans then spread the mash on top. Older kids may prefer the sausages poked upright through the top of the mash rather than cut up..
- If you wish you can put it under the grill to crisp the potato, or sprinkle cheese on top. My kids like theirs in individual dishes so they have their own 'pies'.
I have been tinkering around with this recipe for a little bit to try and tick as many "free-from" boxes as I could. Use the pie crust of your choice. I don't f*** with pie crust, so in the pictured pie I used a store bought gluten-free crust made by Wholly Wholesome (it was okay). To make the pie completely gluten-free, just use oat flour, gluten-free AP flour, or some other mild wheat-less flour in the filling. But whatever you do, don't use chickpea flour.